RETIREMENT HOMES BY ANDERSON HOMES
The Anderson Homes Difference
TRANSPARENCY. INTEGRITY. VALUE.
Anderson Homes is a third-generation builder on the North Olympic Peninsula with four decades of experience developing homes and communities in a popular retirement town. Our forward thinking and commitment to customer satisfaction have made us the go-to builder for active retirees and transplants new to the area.
AGING IN PLACE FEATURES
Our retirement homes are designed with future comfort, safety and independence in mind.
- Right sized single-story floor plans are selected to maximize available space while offering capacity that is easily managed as you age
- Homes feature recessed floor joists which create a zero-step entry from the front door, garage fire door and patio
- Quality low maintenance finishes are selected so you spend less time on upkeep
- Specialized low maintenance landscape designs
- Extra-wide hallways and doors provide ease of movement
- Wide shower doors with modern built in shower seating
- Additional in-wall blocking is added at the framing stage to simplify future installation of handrails and grab bars
- Electrical outlets are placed higher from the floor for easier access
- Turnkey security and AV systems are designed with ease-of-use in mind
WHY BUILD INSTEAD OF BUY?
- The building process can be tailored specifically to your transition or retirement timeline. Buyers are then not rushed to sell or accept sub-par offers on their current homes.
- Buyers cannot count on current used-home inventory to be available when they are ready to move or sell
- New construction methods and materials have improved significantly over the last few decades
- New homes are highly energy efficient with excellent indoor air quality
- Existing homes do not come with a comprehensive warranty. Anderson Homes stands behind our work and reputation with two warranty options.
WHY SEQUIM? /skwim/
The scenic beauty combined with Sequim’s moderate climate and broad-based local services makes it no surprise that Sequim was voted “Best Northwestern Small Town” in the 2017 USA Today’s Readers’ Choice Awards. Sequim was also recently recognized by Coastal Living Magazine as one of the nation’s top ten coastal cities.
Sequim receives around 16 inches of rain annually (comparable to Los Angeles) and enjoys approximately 300 days a year without rain.
- Slower pace of life with friendly people
- Cleaner air
- Rural lifestyle with many urban amenities
- No traffic congestion
- Many social clubs and activities tailored to the 55+ city demographic
- Just minutes to recreation at the rivers, ocean and mountains
- Plenty of land, many lots with water and/or mountain views
There are many things to consider when designing a new home for your best years. We are here to collaborate and guide you through a transparent process that will ensure your new home will complement your current and future lifestyle.
Ready for more information on building your retirement home? Contact us now for details on our homes, land and the quaint city of Sequim we call home.